The March 25 trade deadline is just around corner and things are starting to heat up. Here are the latest rumours around the league:
KYLE LOWRY TO MIAMI
– The Heat are pursuing Kyle Lowry harder than anyone, according to The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor.
– The Clippers and 76ers are also sniffing around.
– Miami is Lowry’s preferred destination due to his relationship with Jimmy Butler, according to O’Connor.
– Tyler Herro or Duncan Robinson would have to be involved in the trade, as well as Gordan Dragic to make the salaries match.
LONZO BALL TO CHICAGO OR ATLANTA
– New Orleans will likely hold onto Lonzo Ball, but Chicago and Atlanta have still been chasing him, according to O’Connor.
– The Bulls have offered Tomas Satoransky and second-round picks, but the Pelicans want more.
– The Hawks have offered a package centred around Cam Reddish.
AARON GORDON LEAVING ORLANDO?
– “Aaron Gordon is the name I’m hearing most often as the top guy out there,” ESPN’s Brian Windhorst said on Sunday.
– Orlando is holding out for multiple first-round picks, or a first-round pick and a young player, according to Windhorst.
VICTOR OLADIPO LIKELY SHIPPING OUT OF HOUSTON
– Victor Oladipo is widely considered one of the players most likely to be traded before the deadline.
– He’s on an expiring contract and turned down an extension with Houston.
– The Knicks, Pistons and Magic are in play for the two-time All-Star, according to O’Connor and Windhorst.
JOHN COLLINS IS A WANTED MAN
– John Collins is being chased by the Celtics, Kings, Mavericks, Pistons, and Timberwolves, according to O’Connor.
– The Hawks want one young player and a first-round pick, or multiple first-round picks.
COULD DALLAS BEAT THE LAKERS AND NETS TO ANDRE DRUMMOND?
– Dallas has discussed a potential Andre Drummond trade with Cleveland, according to reports.
– Toronto is also interested in Drummond.
– The Lakers and Nets are interested too, but would need the Cavs to buy out Drummond’s contract.
– Cleveland is still hopeful of pulling off a trade.
NORMAN POWELL ON THE MOVE?
– There are no specifics here but Brian Windhorst says Norman Powell’s name has “really emerged in the last few days” in trade talk among league executives.
– He will become a free agent in the summer and the Raptors may look to get something for him before then.