Joel Embiid has repeatedly stated that he owns Karl-Anthony Towns, and you know what?
Here’s the proof:
- Towns is averaging 19.8 points and 11.4 rebounds per 36 minutes against Embiid, while Embiid is averaging 29.7 points and 12.2 rebounds per 36 minutes against Towns.
- Embiid owns a 5-1 record against Towns.
- Before winning his most recent game against Towns by 22, Embiid won the one before that by 42.
- Embiid’s average winning margin against Towns is 16.8.
- Towns kicked off Wednesday’s scuffle with a swing and a miss.
- Towns’ misdirected swing came immediately after Embiid scored on him and then immediately forced him into a turnover.
- Towns’ fight with Embiid led to him tapping out while Ben Simmons had him in a headlock.
- Embiid was loving every minute of the scuffle… Towns not so much (see aforementioned headlock).
- Towns was escorted from the arena while a smiling Embiid walked down the tunnel shadow boxing and bathing in raucous applause.
- Two years ago, Embiid won the game during which he and Towns first beefed (118-112 in overtime).
- Embiid also won the individual battle when they first beefed, dropping 28 points and 12 rebounds (he scored nine more points than Towns, in nine less minutes).
- Embiid even had the last laugh on Instagram when they first beefed.
- Jumping back to the present, Embiid won the game this time around too (117-95).
- Embiid also won the individual battle this week, dropping 19 and 5, compared with Towns’ 13 and 6 (and again, forcing that Towns turnover which led to the Timberwolves big man blowing a fuse).
- Embiid, of course, had the last laugh on Instagram this time as well.
No one is beating Embiid in a one-on-one troll war.