What a nightmare this must be for Jusuf Nurkic.
Very few injuries in sports are that horrific, and the long and painful road ahead must be daunting to say the least.
It’s in these moments that silver linings are needed most, and we’ve got two of them below in our Daily Wrap.
- Gordon Hayward, being the class act that he is, tweeted a message of support to Jusuf Nurkic in Bosnian just a few hours ago. It roughly translates to “I wish you a quick recovery brother.”
- Speaking of Nurkic, the news just in is that he is expected to make a full recovery.
- Jason Kidd has confirmed he is eyeing a return to coaching. Ask anyone in Milwaukee and they’ll tell you this is a baaad idea.
- Steve Nash has some thoughts on Luka Doncic’s game.
- Andrew Bogut says the secret behind his NBA rebirth is drinking more beer.
- Kyrie Irving won’t play against the Cavs in Cleveland. He’d previously said returning to the Q no longer meant anything to him, having decided to switch it up and kick his old fans in the nuts instead of his current teammates.
- Jrue Holiday is out for the rest of the season, which will significantly help the Pelicans current tank job.
- And in what is surely today’s most pressing story, Stephen A Smith had his office broken into by a brazen turkey vulture. THE AUDACITY!
A quick note before we get into tonight’s schedule.
No one’s talking about the race for the eighth spot in the East, but the Magic are just half a game away from bumping the Heat out of the 8-seed and denying Dwyane Wade one last playoff run. Better still, they play each other tonight in what is a sneaky big game for both teams and the overall playoff picture.
Spurs at Hornets, 7pm
Celtics at Cavaliers, 7pm
Magic at Heat, 7:30pm
Bulls at Raptors, 7:30pm
Rockets at Bucks, 8pm (TNT)
Clippers at Timberwolves, 8pm
Hawks at Pelicans, 8pm
Kings at Mavericks, 8:30pm
Pistons at Nuggets, 9pm
Wizards at Lakers, 10:30pm (TNT)
All times Eastern.